- [macOS] Fix critical bug on OS X 10.11 and lower (some torrents and all acestreams were not playing).
- [Chromecast] Detect device disconnect.
- [Chromecast] Improve VIZIO and Sony BRAVIA 4K TVs discovery.
- [AceStream] Fix dependencies download regression introduced in the 1.1.2 version (sorry about that).
- [AceStream] More bugfixes.
- [AceStream] Handle and display acestream errors.
- [AceStream] Show title and buffering states.
- [AceStream] Critical bugfixes and performance improvements.
- [AirPlay] Greatly improve quality and performance on Apple TV 4th gen.
- [AirPlay] Fix bug when switching subtitles while AirPlay'ing.
- [AirPlay] Fix bug on Apple TV 4th gen. when seeking.
- [AceStream/AirPlay] Fix a critical bug where it would either never start AirPlay'ing or would stop randomly.
- [AceStream/AirPlay] Greatly improve quality and performance.
- [AceStream] Automatically clear the AceStream disk cache when closing the app.
- Ace Stream (acestream://) and SopCast (sop://) support is here! Please talk to us if you encounter any issue.
- [AirPlay] Minor bugfixes for tvOS 10.2+
- [AirPlay] Support for tvOS 10.2 :)
- [Touch Bar] Replace ESC button with a nice Exit fullscreen button when app is playing a video in fullscreen.
- Fix critical bug where selecting "Off" in the subtitles menu would not work.
- Fix bug where player chrome would not automatically hide on inactivity (after opening a menu while another one was already opened).
- Window controls (minimize, maximize, close) are now included on top of the video for a less intrusive feel. They now also automatically hide on inactivity.
- Traffic lights (close, minimize, fullscreen) now automatically hide on inactivity.
- Ability to try multiple subtitles for a language (in case the default one is not synced).
- Enable hardware-accelerated playback for even more codecs.
- Seekbar now shows a buffer bar for web videos.
- New keyboard shortcut: toggle Fullscreen with ⌘+F (like QuickTime Player).
- New keyboard shortcut: toggle Fullscreen with Alt+Enter (like Windows Media Player).
- Fix file association bug (Soda Player listed multiple times in the Open with menu and missing file icon after an auto-update).
- App can now play videos from hundreds of different websites. You can find the list of all supported websites here.
- Brand new Google Chrome extension to easily open web videos.
- You can now control the Chromecast volume within the app when casting.
- The app window title now shows the title of the currently playing video.
- Fix a bug where the controls would not auto-hide.
- Fix buffering loader appearing when it shouldn't.
- Fix background video screenshot now showing in the app when watching on TV.
- Touch Bar support
- Fix a critical bug where the decoder/renderer would fail to init.
- Fix distorted aspect ratio when going fullscreen too early.
- Fix a few bugs when opening multiple files.
- Fix app not being able to open local .torrent files with # in the path.
- Fix homescreen appearing for a few milliseconds when opening a video directly.
- Fix controls not automatically hiding in some cases.
- Fix play/pause not working for some codecs after a replay.
- Add support for the DV (Digital Video) video format (.dv).
- Better file association and file icon (make Soda your default player again to update).
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Soda Player will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree